Whole chicken in Moroccan spices
- 1 LionFresh whole chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout (You can make 3 tablespoons of this spice mix at home by pounding 1 tsp each of cumin powder, ground ginger, salt, 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp each of ground cinnamon, ground coriander seeds, cayenne, ground cloves)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel (zest)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 small lemons, pierced all over with a fork
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 200 degrees. Blend first 9 ingredients in blender to moist paste.
2. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub 1/3 of spice paste into main cavity and neck cavity, then rub remaining spice paste all over outside of chicken.
4. Place lemons and garlic cloves in main cavity of chicken. Tie legs together.
5. Place chicken on rack in roasting pan. Roast 45 minutes; tent with foil to prevent over browning.
6. Continue to roast chicken for about 45 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
7. Serve with fresh bread & sour cream.