Ruchira Hoon's Coca Cola BBQ Pork Ribs
For the dry rub
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp salt
For the slow cook
- 500 ml Coca Cola or any non-diet cola of your choice
For the sauce / marinade
- 200 grams Tomato Ketchup
- 4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp tabasco
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 100 ml Coca Cola
- Mix together all the things for the dry rub. Wash and dry the pork and rub all the dry ingredients onto the ribs and keep aside for 20 minutes.
2. In an ovenproof dish pour all the Cola and then place the pork ribs into it. Bake it at 200 degree centigrade for 2 hours, turning the ribs over once after an hour.
3. Meanwhile place the ingredients of the marinade into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Turn down the temperature and cook until the sauce thickens. Set it aside.
4. Remove the pork ribs from the oven and discard the leftover juices.
5. Pour one-third of the marinade on top and brush through to the bottom as well. Let it sit in the marinade for 1 hours or unto 24 hours in the refrigerator.
6. When you are ready to finally cook the meat, remove and place into the an ovenproof dish and baste with some of the marinade.
7. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 180 degree centigrade turning it over twice and basting it with more marinade until the meat is tender.
8. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.