Atul Sikand's Smoked Chicken Salad
- 200 Grams Cooked Chicken - Cut into bite size pieces.
- 150 Ml Orange Juice - I used Real from tetra pack.
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper - Cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper - Cut into bite size pieces
- 6-7 Shallots - Leave whole.
- 5-6 Green Olives - Cut into two.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic.
- Basil Leaves.
- Lettuce / Salad of choice.
- Pine Nuts / Nuts of choice.
- Salt & Black Pepper.
- Olive Oil.
- Warm up olive oil , add black pepper and garlic . When garlic softens add salt , basil leaves and all the vegetables , add orange juice cover and cook over low heat till peppers begin to soften - maybe 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken , cook another 2-3 minutes , by now all juices would have been absorbed by the vegetables and chicken , now turn off heat and allow the salad to cool down uncovered.
- Once cool adjust seasoning and serve on a bed of greens after adding olives and pine nuts
The choice of vegetables are suggestions - go with what you have / like .
Don't overcook vegetables - leave firm with a bite.