Atul Sikand's Scallops & Shallots in Green Curry
- 250 Grams Scallops.
- 5-7 Shallots - Blanche in hot water for 1 minute , remove and set aside.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter.
- 1 Onion Chopped.
- Lemon Juice To Taste.
- Coconut Milk - From remaining half coconut.
- Green Paste:
- 1/2 Coconut
- 5-7 Green Chilies - Adjust.
- 1/2 Cup Dhania Greens.
- 5-7 Cloves Garlic.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Jeera .
- In a very hot pan add butter, as it sizzles , add scallops . Scallops should be nicely dried before cooking . Seer scallops lightly half minute on each side. I didn't brown mine.
- Take scallops out and place them on kitchen paper.
- Heat oil in a wok, saute onions till they soften, not color ,add green paste and blanched shallots, saute till oil comes on the side, adding splashes of coconut milk - say 3-4 minutes.
- Now add in the scallops , saute another 2-3 minutes , add in what remains of the coconut milk - cook another minute max.
- Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice to taste .
Atul Sikand, one of the forces behind Asian Hawkers Market, is also the founder and moderator of Sikandalous Cuisine, one of Facebook's largest Indian recipe-sharing community of 27,000 members (and counting!), and a respected social media restaurant reviewer and influencer.