Atul Sikand's Pulled Pork Salad
- 125 Grams Pulled Pork.
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Sliced Long.
- 3 Tablespoons Red Bell Pepper - Sliced like onion.
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Chopped.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- 4 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce.
- 1 Tables Spoon Light Soy Sauce.
- 2 Green Chilies Sliced.
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil.
- Lots of Whole Basil Leaves.
- 1/2 Tablespoon Roasted Sesame Seeds.
Pulled pork is Sous Vide(pre cooked), and all you need to do is to together other ingredients and stir fry the salad 3-4 minutes just to marry flavors .
Efforts zero , taste 10/10 .
If using uncooked meat, cook, shred and proceed.
- On very high heat add black pepper and garlic , 30 seconds later tip in green chilies, onions and peppers, saute not more than another 30 seconds.
- Tip in Teriyaki Sauce, mix around, add pulled pork along with half the basil leaves. As pulled pork is already cooked you really need to do nothing -just toss about for two-three minutes.Taste, adjust salt and heat , add in balance basil leaves and some sesame seeds as you take the wok off heat.
- Cool salad down or eat hot as a main - the choice is all yours !
Atul Sikand, one of the forces behind Asian Hawkers Market, is also the founder and moderator of Sikandalous Cuisine, one of Facebook's largest Indian recipe-sharing community of 27,000 members (and counting!), and a respected social media restaurant reviewer and influencer.